Friday, August 06, 2010
Thursday, October 15, 2009
- A few months ago I started using a more Eco-friendly laundry detergent. Jenny’s Simply Clean is a petroleum free gentle cleaner that breaks down better than most store bought laundry soaps and can be scented into over 15 different fragrances! That's better then Tide any day.
- I also stopped using dryer sheets and made my own scented dryer balls from wool yarn. JSC has dryer balls you can buy as well if you don’t feel crafty enough to make your own--but it's not hard. Also, instead of expensive fabric softeners I started using white vinegar to soften the clothes. Come to think of it, vinegar has so many uses I could write a whole post on just my love for it.
- I have been using reusable grocery bags for the majority of my shopping trips and shopping late at night when there are few people in the stores, I’m not really sure how that helps but it helps my sanity and that has to be good for the environment….
- I cook more at home and use the leftovers to make a variety of meals to avoid waste. I look for products that have less packaging to throw away or packages I can at least reuse once.
- I just recently took a dress that had a broken zipper and cut it up to make my own fabric memo board complete with a pocket for notepaper…I felt very B. Smith like.
- Our family loves to take picnic dinners to the park and instead of using paper products we have plastic plates, cups and real silverware that we just wash and reuse; we even have cloth napkins. The kids find it to be quite sophisticated as a matter of fact…
- I’ve recently become aware of the fair-trade practice of such products as coffee, tea and Shea butter and wind powered websites. I am trying to make a conscious effort to use more products from people and companies who care about our world.
Friday, July 17, 2009
They are $800 - $1,500 ~ willing to trade and barter (we need flooring, painting and landscaping) ~ call to discuss.
Fully papered, champion bloodline ~ 11 weeks old, fat happy and ready for a good home!
Up to date on shots and de-wormed.
Two males left, both are great looking dogs and if you are interested please leave a comment with a valid email address or phone number and I will have someone get a hold of you ASAP. You must be local to Las Vegas or willing to travel here for pick-up and payment...
I sure hope these cute puppies find a great home soon.
Sunday, July 12, 2009
I have seriously fallin' in LOVE with this song. Seriously.
So, of course I had to google them or as I've recently started doing "swagbucking" --i'm sure that's so not a word, yet. I stress the word yet. Anyhoo, I found their website and read all the blog posts on said website and now I'm even more in love with them. I, seriously am crushing on Tal and Acacia...
Thursday, June 25, 2009
For now, let’s remember that this man was just a man. A son, brother, father and to many a friend. No different from you or me but at the same time so very different from anyone who has ever lived. Maybe that was the problem; he was a tormented soul, a genius that will never be fully understood. Surrounded by people who didn’t understand how big his heart was—or did and took advantage of the fact, how naive he surely must have been at one point. When you’ve never really been out in the world, alone to fend for yourself, never teased at school, been in a fist fight with a bully--if you were never able to walk down the street as a “normal person” I think you can’t help but to not know how to ‘be’.
just make my dreams come true
Night creatures call
For the select few who got to be a part of his every day, I hope they didn’t take that for granted.