Wednesday, April 02, 2008

New Friend Request



I recently updated my page on Myspace.com. I have had a somewhat....okay all the way blank page with them for quite awhile, only really so I could keep up with a friend who is in Africa for the next few years. Other then that I didn't think much about it. Someone asked me recently why I didn't have a Myspace page and I didn't really have an answer I just never really liked it, plus I thought I was to old.


MySpace seems to appeal mostly to high school kids and other people who want to publicize their beef with "All those bytches that be hatin' on me cause they man won't stop callin' my cell".
Ghetto fab......with a capital G.

Moreover, there is just so much going on everywhere on the page. The obnoxiously busy backgrounds, bright colors and all that glitter. Just the way the screen scrolls but the background doesn't move is kind of weird. I think what is most irritating is the music. You click on someones page and WHAM! your speakers are blaring some obnoxious song. I keep my computer on mute when I go to Myspace now. Then there is the matter of your "friends". It seems like people have hundreds upon hundreds of "friends". Who are all these people and do they really know each other or are they just trying to make themselves look good? It's a popularity contest...better yet it's like high school all over again. Well I only have 18 friends so that must make me a loser....whatever.


But on the other hand, I have met a number of authors through the site. People who are both interesting and educated. I have "found" some friends from high school and some other's that could have stayed lost. Myspace, I have been told, is a great way to network so that's really my main purpose of using it. Plus, you have to admit it's a helluva lot better then blackplant...what happened to that site? I'm still trying to figure out how to feed my blog over to my page. so if you have any idea how that works please let me know. And when you get time drop by and take a looksy at my page and add me as your friend too :0

8 comments:

Don said...

Love your sense of humor @ the end.

Alot of people ask me why I don't have a myspace or facebook page. I too think it's kinda juvenile for me to kick it on myspace. I've never been to facebook.

Maybe I do need the outlet in order to hook up with authors. That sounds cool.

Ms.Erika said...

I have facebook too. You should look in to it, just keep your pages simple and you won't look like you're tryin' to be 16 again.

Don said...

Yeah I plan to, if and when my book comes out. You left me intrigued with your meeting authors.

Anonymous said...

I haven't gotten on board with MySpace...it's too busy but I really like Your Page. I'd much rather manage Uli's page when/if he'll allow me to set one up.

Anonymous said...

myspace is pretty annoying sometimes. I hate when you go to a page, and people have about 3000000000000 pictures circle-ing around the page so it takes about 3 years to load. I heard somewhere that the average age on myspace is like 35. If I had a teen, there is no way they would be anywhere near it!

Ms.Erika said...

Right, did you see the girls on the news fighting over what another girl said about them on myspace? I think they broke her nose or something. CRAZY but I guess it's just this generations bathroom wall....

Eb the Celeb said...

Facebook is a helluva better place to network than myspace if its anything outside of music. Myspace is turning out to be what black planet used to be... remember black planet. I used to live on that site back in college. I'm sure in a couple years I will be saying the same thing about myspace... but facebook... with all the applications and the fact that their servers are a lot better than myspace... they should be around for a lot longer.

Anonymous said...

My old ass is on myspace, mainly because my cousins are but I check it to see what my friends and family are up to but someone at work told me to try familytree or something like that to keep up with family but then that leaves out the friends oh well. I guess i will be a myspace hoe and facebok pimp. lol