Thursday, June 05, 2008

And now it begins...I will suduce you, with ink

One Segment I thought I would try is "Who did it best?" I will post two songs weekly and you tell me which is better....in your opinion.

I usually have a problem with remakes or covers but sometimes--sometimes, someone else comes along and does what the original artist just couldn't do.

The first post is below, The Queen Latifah-vs-The Rev. Al Green.

I will say this is one of my favorites of all time. Simply Beautiful.

4 comments:

Muze said...

both versions are beautiful. thanks for sharing.

Eb the Celeb said...

Damn.. I have to go with the classic one... but La definitely put it down... I love both of her Jazz albums

Anonymous said...

Queen had that hands down...She brought and element of elegance and softness to the song and by having his vocals to compliment it just made the song so much better...

Ms.Erika said...

I vote for Queen, only because she was smart enough to have Al on the song with her. Together, they make it beautiful.