Thursday, January 31, 2008

hoW DeEp is Your LoVe?



In honor of Febuary being the month of L-O-V-E and my new residence in the wedding capital of the world. (See tacky picture above) I am devoting all of Febuary's posts to love, sex or relationships in some aspect. The good, the bad and the ugly if you will. I wasn't sure at first wether or not I would have enough to discuss for an entire month. But as a part of my new years resolutions I said I would strech myself and work outside my comfort zone. Originally I was refering to knitting but whatever. You may not hear from me towards the end of the month, my hubby will be in town and well...it is the month of love. If you have any idea's or topics feel free to let me know. I think this might be a good thing, having a theme for the month. March is reading month so I plan to discuss books, writers and such. That's as far in the year as I've gotten for now. Again, if you have any idea's let me know.


On a whole different note, I have a bit of a delima. If a kid comes over your house and breaks a very expensive gift that you got less then a month ago should the parent have to pay for it?


I guess I should explain. Apparently I have some distant cousins (like to the 5th power) living here in the vally. So in good spirit I invited them over and they brought their 11 month old twins along. That's fine, I like kids, most of the time anyway. What I don't like is when parents don't keep a watchful eye on them. Anyhoo, the little boy somehow ended up under my living room table and pulled down my digital picture frame. I saw it happining and made every effort to save it. Notice I said "I". No one else moved! But it hit the floor and that was that. Now it won't display any type of picture or even turn off. I was pissed to say the least. Not just because of the frame but more because it didn't seem to be a big deal to anyone but me. I saw no remorse or even a "I'm sorry" from either one of them. They didn't even move off the couch. Being a mother I know that children break things. Mine have broken plenty of things and other children have broken things of mine. I don't trip, but damn at least offer to replace it or something. It's just polite. As a matter of fact, whith kids that small you should be on the floor with them. Not sitting on the couch looking at them bang all over the fireplace glass. I want them to pay for it now. If only to teach them a lesson that YOU are responsible for EVERYTHING that your children do. You can't chalk everything up to "There just kids, or boys will be boys" No. you need to handle your kids. Maybe I'm just PMSing, you tell me. What would you do?

No comments: