Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Everything

My husband wrote this for me in 2006, yet,even now it still leaves me breathless everytime I read it.

He makes me feel like the luckiest woman in the world. How many husbands write poetry for their wives on a regular basis?

Not enough that's for sure.

Sunrise
By: Tre Jordan

The sun came up this morning and she told me she loved me.
The sun came up this morning and her light brightened my world as if I had been blind since birth and never knew what true beauty really was.
The sun came up this morning suddenly everything seemed clear, no storms, no clouds, just a clarity that spoke of a future of happiness I had never known.
The sun came up this morning and the air seemed cleaner, I felt lighter on my feet with a skip in my step and the grass that seemed greener before now paled in the gleam of her shine.
When the sun came up this morning, I couldn’t help but to wonder why it took so long for me to notice how badly I needed her in my life, as a guide to show me the way, as a teacher to correct my mistakes and as a rod to ground me.
The sun came up this morning and she smiled, she smiled at me, on me and through me making my blood pressure rise higher than my prescribed medication could control.
The sun came up this morning and her touch was warm and soft like a midday summer breeze and her smell was sweet like southern home-cooking.
The sun came up this morning and she kissed me, she tasted like honey, like joy and happiness, she tasted like freedom.
The sun came up this morning and her shine seemed more than my soul could bear, it seemed to go on forever like an Alaskan season, and it brought life to everything around me.
The sun came up this morning and it was you.

4 comments:

Suite B said...

my tagged post is finally up

Anonymous said...

Awwwh! That was nice. Uli has written a couple songs for me. Hopefully...one called Rasta Woman.

Don said...

that is a very nice poem. very nice.

The sun came up this morning and her touch was warm and soft like a midday summer breeze and her smell was sweet like southern home-cooking. it's funny how this is the same impression i get of you from reading your blog. somewhat the same. i remember reading about how your husband surprised you, and you met your favorite author.

i knew then your marriage was a good 1.

Ms.Erika said...

Thank you, I think it's pretty good too.

@Kanette-Tell Uli to perform one of those songs and send it to me, I'd love to hear it.