Wednesday, May 28, 2008

He LOVES Me....



Here is another peek inside my scrapbook, letters my husband has written me over the years. I swear I fall more in love with him every single day.




My Love,




I was just thinking about you, thinking about how happy you make me.


Thinking about how it is we came to be and how lucky I am to be half of us, I must have done something right in my past life.


There will never be anything better than loving you and there is no high like being loved by you. People search their whole lives for love and happiness, the world is filled with flashlights and night vision goggles probing the darkness on a quest for the greener grass or the sunset ever after.


In front of your face, under your nose, the cliches never seem to be true, even when it's your nose and face.


I was just thinking about how much I love your nose and face.


I kept my flashlight on and somehow it found you and like a magic mirror, having you returned the light to make me feel like I'm glowing.


You will never ever be without me, I have lived in the darkness long enough and I can't live without your light in my life and in my heart.


There was no me without you and there will be no me without you....that's just what I was thinking.




I Love You. Happy Anniversary, both of them! -Your Husband

12 comments:

Joanne Rendell said...

sniff. this makes me want to cry. you guys are such a beautiful couple!

Suite B said...

thanks a lot...I'm not suppose to cry when I enter blogland.

I love...BLACK LOVE

Don said...

i LOVE this post, ms. erika.

i can read post like these every day, all day long. i love the undying romance. i am going to take my time and wish you and your husband and the family, the entire best. i love the pictures and the smiles which bring out the pictures.

You will never ever be without me, I have lived in the darkness long enough and I can't live without your light in my life and in my heart. One day. one sweet day, i will speak these same words to my wife. Watch and see.

great post.

Eb the Celeb said...

Awweee... black love is so beautiful

Ms.Erika said...

Thank you all. Since Today is the magical day that we said I do, I figured I would post the really sappy stuff :)

"He Loves Me" by Jill Scott is the song I walked down the isle to...

@Don I know you will and I can't wait to see your pics when you do.

Shai said...

That is so nice. I read through some of your posts. I see you moved from the D. I live in Detroit, born and raised. Which side of town are you from?

Ms.Erika said...

@Shai Westside 7mile and the Lodge. I was also in Pontiac and Dearborn Hgts...and you?

Shai said...

Westside too Livernois/Warren area near Dearborn.

Don said...

@ ms.erika: one day. one sweet day.

SA said...

Awww. This is the type of relationship I want one day. You give me hope. :)

And your wedding dress was beautiful.

Ms.Erika said...

@ SA Thank you, I still play dress up in my dress sometimes :) Marriage is work but it's worth it.

kit von b. said...

what a wonderful post...gives me hope.

-KB