Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Countdown to D-Day Begins.


T minus 14 to lift off. With 2 weeks left in Detroit I'm starting to feel the pressure.


We still have a ton of packing to do, organizing to finish and I have loads of stuff still to sell on www.craigslist.org I've mapped out our route and according to yahoo it will take us 32 hours. Of course, that doesn't include stopping for potty breaks, diaper changes, eating, resting etc... With 3 kids we are giving ourselves 3 days. I don't think that's asking too much. Plus, I just know this will give me some excellent writing material for a book. That is at the top of my goal list for 2008.
A very special thank you to my Mommy Pam for the great Christmas presents for the kids. I will be forever grateful for her and the love she has given to me and my family. She took us in so to speak when I needed a Mom for me and a Grandmother for my kids. I will love her forever for it. Well that's a whole other post entirely. Anyway, she got the girls some great activity items they can use while we are driving down the 44. Enough to keep them busy and us sane... I hope. My oldest is learning to knit as well so maybe she will make something beautiful along the way. I of course will have my knitting to keep my hands busy I also plan to take a book or two. Check out my other blog for what will be on the needles while I'm on the road. Next week I'm having a birthday dinner with a few friends. So I can get a chance to see everyone at least one more time before I go. I will miss my friends dearly but hopefully they will come and visit and I will of course get back here from time to time. I know there will be people that will fall away, it's just a natural progression in life. I just hope it won't hurt to much when they do. I told my oldest this when she admitted how nervous she was about moving. But she will surely make new friends as well as I. In the meantime we will have to be each other's best friend.

1 comment:

Sara Elizabeth said...

I knit when Ron and I were driving from Mem to dtw. It was a nice distraction! I also picked up some audiobooks to listen to on the drive, although one of them was an agatha christie book and the old british lady who read it was impossible to understand, but that's another story.

I'll come out and visit for sure!