Friday, December 14, 2007

Hello My Name is Erika W. and I'm a Yarn Addict

Here are some pictures of my stash
And some more...

And a little more...


The first step to recovery is admitting there is a problem. Well I did that. Now what? Is there a 12 step program for yarnaholics? Oh I know, a pill I can take, or maybe a reality t.v. show I can go on to work all my issues out in front of the entire human population. You know what, there probably is.

Well, I think I will just go with the good ole' American way and blame it on someone else.


SARA.

Yup it's all your fault. I watched you. In the crew lounge always throwing that yarn. Showing off all your shiny needles and using your fancy knitting talk.

"Oh I'm going to purl this row, then knit the next...."

"It's so hard when you drop a stitch..."Blah, blah, blah....

You made it look so enticing, sooo soothing and relaxing. To be able to sit in solitude and work on your own private project and drown out the noise of the airport. Looked like heaven to me.

So I begged and pleaded. "Oh please, please show me how you work your magic."

"I want to join your club".
"Be a knitter".

You didn't warn me how I would find any excuse to go to a yarn store. How I would want to knit in the early morning and then again late into the night. Carry around with me projects to the doctor's office, dentist, in the car while I waited to pick up the kids. Nope. She didn't tell me how many different types of needles and yarns there were. How I could accessorize with cute bags and caring cases. Or how I would print out pages and pages of projects I would want to do. Damn it! I'm out of ink again! Why Sara? why? You should have warned me that this would happen.

But now it's to late.

Let this post be a warning to the next knitter wanna be.

Well, I think that's how it happened anyway. It's all kind of a blur....

BTW Check out her blog under "My Peep Hole"- Curiouser and curiouser! or here: http://qu33nsara.blogspot.com/

Her forecast is bad ass. Sara you rock.





3 comments:

Nic said...

Good for you that you have only been knitting 6 months and accumulated such a stash!

It only gets worse.

Sara Elizabeth said...

I tried to leave you a comment before, but I think I did something wrong...

I can't believe how huge your stash is! Yarn is so great! I'm afraid to put mine in any kind of order, it's kind of in groups all over the place.

haha yes, knitting is VERY addictive, but it's such a good addiction! You get all kinds of cute things as a result of it!!

Oh thank you for the comment on my forecast, I really need to finish it.

You rock as well!

Anonymous said...

That is so sad Erika...I didn't think you had that much. And you actually asked me to keep a look out for you if I saw any yarn on sale. Well I'm not an Enabler and I will not feed your addiction...No ma'am, you won't get any help from me.