Tuesday, December 04, 2007

My First Sale



This past weekend a friend and I attended a Mom to Mom sale. If you are at all unfamiliar with one then I will explain briefly. It's sort of like a swap meet or indoor garage sale. Moms (and Dads) try to sell all their children's gently used items. Some also sell crafts and such. My friend had quite an array of baby items she wanted to sell. From bottles to a travel swing. I wanted to also sell some baby items and leftover Avon products from my very short career as a sales Representative this year. Although, my main objective was to sell my scarves. Since I began knitting I found that I really enjoy it and someone (Ms. Otay) put a little bug in my ear and said I should start trying to sell them. So, I made 8 scarves and a few other things and sat them out with my fancy sign that I made the night before (see picture) and kept my fingers crossed. And you know what? I sold 7 of them!




Woohoo!!!




Yippie!




Go me!




O.K. I'm done now.




Well technically I sold 6 and a cute little girl bartered the 7th one out of me. I'm always a sucker for a cute and spunky child. I'm still kicking myself for not getting her name. I did take her picture modeling one of my creations though. Getting on to the best part, a lovely woman by the name of Melissa thought so much of my scarves and fine craftsmanship (my words not hers) that she asked if I wanted to display them in her store. Second Glance boutique and resale shop located in Harper Woods, MI. Of course I jumped at the chance. She wanted 20 or so by Thursday but the most I could do was 11. Not bad, I think for 4 days.




All in all I think it was well worth the 20 bucks I paid for the table space at the mom to mom sale.

No comments: