Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Viva Las Vegas



The husband and I just touched down back at DTW a few hours ago and I feel like I'm still flying. Now it could be the beer from the many beverage services that our wonderful flight attendants ran or the fact that our moving to Las Vegas is finally starting to feel real. Even with some slight bumps along to way our trip was a major success.
We found a house! It's in a great area with a school for the girls less then 4 minutes away. Even better there is a Big Lot's just as close! Anybody who knows me knows my obsession with Big Lots, especially since I've been finding some great yarn there for a buck or less. I mean yarn that I found at a leading craft store for $8 a ball was only $1 at Big Lot's! How can you not love that?! Sorry, I digress, the trip started out with an ice storm looming over the Midwest. Six inches of freezing rain was expected so I called the airline and spoke to someone I believe was not even in this country and told him my dilemma and he moved our flight up 7 hours without a problem. We got to the airport after dropping 2 of the girls at their "vacation homes" and got through security without a hitch. If you've ever gone through airport security with a infant and all her gear then you know that's not a small feat. I'm not kidding when I say we used at least 10 of those grey bins to hold all our stuff. Laptops, coats, shoes, the quart sized Ziploc bag of liquids that are allowed on the plane, bottles, car seat and stroller well you get my point. The plane was late getting into DTW due to weather so we were 2 hours late getting out to Vegas. The rental car company gave us shit about our coupon and the hotel http://www.excalibur.com/landing/2007/?CMP=KNC-Google-Excalibur_Corp had it's own set of issues. Since it took us so long to get our stuff together we lost a half day of house hunting. I thought that would be detrimental but it turned out to not be such a problem. The weather was great, to us anyway. The weatherman kept talking about how cold it was outside and not to go out unless you had to. It was 54 degrees for heavens sake. I hope I don't become that much of a sissy when we become full time "Las Vegans". Regardless, we drove around all day Monday covering most of the city looking at townhouses, condos and single family homes. When we finally came across this beauty we knew we had found our new home. It was love at first sight. My husband even got the price knocked down. As I said the house is in a great location about 25 minutes from the strip. That's close enough for me. There are great views of the mountains on all sides from the street. If it was a two story home then we could probably see them from the house but oh well. I could say plenty more but honestly I'm beat. I'm going to go to sleep tonight Las Vegas dreamin........I can't wait. I just can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I'm going to move in with you. I'll be your Nanny so you can go do whatever you want to do with your free time. I'm so jealous.